Sunday, April 12, 2009

My projects!











Just wanted to show off some of the hard work I have been doing around here lately. A friend of mine came over one afternoon and we completely gutted my backyard, we removed all the shrubs and plants and we also trimmed the tree ourselves. This is a pic of all the rubbish! Amazing huh? And secondly I have been hunting around this island for a TV media stand for almost 2 years now, I basically had given up and then I found an old dresser on someones curb one night while out walking. I saw potential immediately but did not see the hard work!!! But I am happy to say and show you all that after hours of hard work and my friend Katie's help we completed it and I absolutely love it!! I was nervous half way through that it would not turn out the way I planned but thanks to Katie's encouragement I kept working on it and I couldn't be happier, this is exactly what I had wanted all along. So here is a before pic and an after. Pretty neat huh? And the best part is I did it!!!

4 comments:

~Kimberly said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the furniture! I know how much hard work that is! You are awesome! It looks beautiful.

Heather said...

OMGosh- it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so very proud of you and all your hard work! You did such a great job on the yard and the entertainment center. And, you get to appreciate your hard work every time you watch tv!

Thanks for taking care of my "first" baby- hope he is being good and not giving Annie (and Wyatt) too hard of a time! ha!

We miss you! See you in a bit!

Krista said...

So awesome - I had to keep looking back and forth between the two pictures because I couldn't believe they were the same thing.

Lois said...

That is gorgeous, Kristina! Congrats on a fabulous updated. I love those one-in-a-million finds that have potential, but I never seem to be able to find the time to turn them into something fabulous. How fun!